New Ideas for Snack Breaks
Here’s cause for celebration: The coffee break never has to be boring again.
Even the most budget-conscious associations are finding ways to spice up their meeting breaks, whether it’s with a new beverage, bite-sized snacks, or engaging presentation. Carlos Collado, executive director of catering at MGM Grand Hotel, offers a few of his snack-time favorites:
- Infused Waters: An inexpensive—and relaxing—alternative to bottled water.
- On a Stick: Especially good for tradeshow floors, snacks like cheesecake, macaroons, and fruit or vegetables on a stick are all the rage.
- In a Cone: Convenient and fun, try dessert cones with bite-sized cake, chicken fajitas, and ahi tuna wrapped in nori cones.
- Shots: Try a fruit dipped in yogurt, mini churros in a shot
glass with dipping sauce, or a smoothie shot.
- Mini Items: Whether it’s mini breakfast burritos, tacos, corn dogs, muffins, or two-bite sliders, minis are hot. For a playful snack, try mini popcorn tubs in assorted flavors.
- Beignets and Italian Ice: Both old favorites provide a popular pick-me-up. Three cheers for Nutella-filled beignets!